Thursday, November 1, 2012

Poinsettia flower pot card



I found this flowerpot pocket card idea on Splitcoast Stampers but changed it a little for the holidays.  You can find the instructions at this link:
www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/flowerpotpocket/#?printable=true


You  may have to join Splitcoast Stampers in order to get into their tutorials, but you simply sign up with an email address.  I added the embossing on the front of the flowerpot after it was all cut to size and edge punched.  I used the Spellbinders poinsettia die for the flowers but you could use any flower die or punch.
I also used 1/8" scor-tape on the inside of the flowerpot to create the pocket but their instructions say to tie a ribbon around the card to hold it together.  I didn't have room for the ribbon.

There is also another version of this card using the Spellbinders Flower Pot die, which I will show in a few days.  The glitter paper is from JoAnn Fabric and the gold paper is also from JoAnn Fabric but is no longer available.  It came in a pack of 8 1/2 x 11 by Coordinations.   Hope the link works for you and you can try this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment