Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cards made with $1.99 Michael's stamps

This is my all time favorite card using these new $1.99 stamps from Michaels (see previous post).  The green embossing powder with the red just really looks striking.  I used red stickles to cover the green berries on the stamp after embossing with the green embossing powder.  The flower is from Paper Trey Ink cut on wool felt from JoAnn Fabric and the holly leaves are cut out using the Martha Stewart large Holly branch punch then I embossed the leaves using the same green embossing powder as I used on the background stamp.  The greeting is actually a sticker from Michaels.  You get a whole sheet of them for $1.99.  I was too tired from raking leaves all day to do any more embossing so I cheated and put on the sticker instead.

The second card is below.  It was made using the word Christmas tree stamp that is also at Michaels for $1.99 this week.  I embossed it in gold embossing powder, hand cut it out,  then used a gold leafing pen to go around the edge.  Layered it on a dry embossed dots rectangle inside the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangles die.  This card was a stumper though; I don't like it nearly as much as the first one.
I'm still working on the third card.  It's been too nice outside these last two days to be inside crafting all day. We had 68 degree weather here in Maryland.
If you picked up some of these stamps at Michaels, send me a picture of the cards you made and I will post them on my blog.  I'd love to see what other things can be done with them.   Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment