Sunday, January 13, 2013

More stores now carrying bottle caps

Recollections is now making their own bottle caps for Michaels, see photo below:

I couldn't believe it when I saw a huge end cap at Michaels that was filled with new bottle caps in all different colors.  Apparently the bottle cap craze has taken off and is becoming a big hit in the scrapbooking world.

I would expect JoAnn Fabric to bring in some to their store as well since they are doing a total remodel of their scrapbook dept. right now.

For the longest time I held on to a pack of plain silver bottle caps I bought at a store and never knew how to use them.  Then I decided to do some research and found they were coming back after several years.  The difference is now they are coming back in all these bright colors with neat patterns and designs on them.

So I learned how to flatten them in a die cut machine and I came up with a really cheap way to do it rather than having to use a steel Cuttlebug die (costing $13) that everyone suggested.  If you take one of my classes I will show you how to do this.

I will share everything I've learned through my own experience with you, from what steps to take if making the jewelry to how to prevent your digital images from running when gluing them in the caps.  I learned a lot of little tricks that really make a big difference and will save you both frustration and money.

Fortunately the standard size for bottle caps is 1 inch which makes them perfect for scrapbooking and cardmaking in so many ways.  They fit just right in the center of rosettes and a lot of die cuts.  So if jewelry making isn't your thing, but scrapbooking or cardmaking is, this class will also be perfect for you.

See my other posts for class dates and times.  Please email me with any questions at AnnGreenspan@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment