Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stargazer Lily

I saw this card on Pinterest and knew I had to try making it.  My flowers came out darker than the one on the original card, but I still think it looks okay.  Stargazer lilies are my favorite lily.  I just wish I had purchased this stamp, which is part of the SU Fifth Avenue Floral set, earlier as it would have made a nice Mother's day card.  I sent my mother some StarGazer lily bulbs to plant in her garden.

The flowers are heat embossed in white on pink paper, then I used regal rose classic ink from SU to slightly watercolor onto the petals using a small brush and adding water to the ink pad that was swiped on a craft sheet.  Then I used a SU rose red marker to put dots on the petals.  The leaves are a SU Sizzix die and the background is a SU embossing folder.  The flower button is also from SU.

No comments:

Post a Comment