Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SU Fifth Avenue Floral cards

These cards were made using the retired Stampin' Up stamp called Fifth Avenue Floral for the rose and Autumn Splendor for the leaves.

I started off using white glossy paper for the roses and followed the watercolor splash technique you can find on most Stampin' Up demonstrator websites, but then I found the paper got soggy with so much water on it and decided to switch paper to heavy watercolor paper.  I also found that if you just use distress ink pads and swipe one on your craft mat, spritz it with water slightly, then use a brush and paint over your entire rose with it, it works much better than the splash technique, for me anyways.  To get the darker color, I just used distress ink on the craft mat without spritzing it with water, and brushed it on with a very fine paint brush.  The rose is heat embossed with white powder.






I haven't stamped greetings on the cards yet; I usually wait until I need a card for a certain occasion then stamp it appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment