Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cards with Embossing / Texture Paste

I stumbled upon Wendy Vecchi's blog today and saw how she made cards using her line of Embossing Paste.  I don't have any embossing paste so I looked on YouTube and found tons of different recipes for making your own.  For these cards, I mixed one part white acrylic paint to one part talcum powder to one part mod podge and just brush it on the paper as heavily as you want it.

These are the cards I've made using my own texture paste which is the white / light  part on each card.  I still need to experiment with it more as this is just my first day.

 In the first card I applied the paste over the stencil which shows in blue, then filled in the areas without any paste with Tumbled Glass distress ink.  I then stamped over the entire page with a crackle background stamp from Impression Obsession and adhered the die cut with the flower.

White texture paste applied first and spread over the paper with an acrylic stamping block.  I then used a blending tool and applied Tumbled Glass and Crushed Olive distress inks on top of the paste and the rest of the paper.  When that was dry, I stamped the crackle stamp and a script stamp on the paper and added the flower.  I used a gold Krylon leafing pen around the top layer edge of the card.

In this card I just brushed on the paste with a paint brush, blended on wild honey distress ink and stamped over that with pine needles distress ink using a script stamp.  The gold around the edge is a small square stamp inked with gold Stazon ink then smudged in using a wet wipe.

Tomorrow I will try using a different recipe for the texture paste to see how it compares to this.  The nice thing about the texture paste is if you don't want the distress ink on top of it, you can wipe it off with a baby wipe and it doesn't hurt the paste.

No comments:

Post a Comment