Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Second attempt at cards with texture paste

These cards were made using the same texture paste formula as the cards in the previous post.  It's fun to play around with texture paste and do different things with it, but it's definitely not for everyone.   I think I needed a break from making normal looking cards everyone expects to see.

 I stamped a flourish stamp into the texture paste first, let it dry, then stamped the background stamp Flurry by Impression Obsession using a blue archive ink.  The snowflakes are just embellishment stickers.

The background on this card took a long time to get it to where it looked the way I wanted it.  I started with a piece of white cardstock and ran it thru my Cuttlebug using the Swiss dots embossing folder.  Then I covered the majority of the paper with texture paste, just spreading it around with an acrylic block.  I used several colors of Shimmer Mist sprays and Perfect Pearls sprays (red, greens, golds) but left some of the white showing through.  The embellishment is from K&Co.

After I applied the texture paste to the card and dried it with a heat gun, I stamped it with a script background stamp using a blue archive ink.  Distress inks don't dry very well over texture paste for me.  It may be the formula I used when making the texture paste.  The leaves are stamped on using Green Stazon Ink.  The embellishment is another from K&Co.

For this card, I applied a layer of texture paste to the center of the card then took a sheet of cardstock, laid it on top of the texture paste, then slowly peeled off the top piece of cardstock.  I sprayed on some Perfect Pearls mists then sprinkled on some dry embossing powder in pewter, copper and silver and heat embossed them into the texture paste.  

No comments:

Post a Comment