The background on this card took a long time to get it to where it looked the way I wanted it. I started with a piece of white cardstock and ran it thru my Cuttlebug using the Swiss dots embossing folder. Then I covered the majority of the paper with texture paste, just spreading it around with an acrylic block. I used several colors of Shimmer Mist sprays and Perfect Pearls sprays (red, greens, golds) but left some of the white showing through. The embellishment is from K&Co.
After I applied the texture paste to the card and dried it with a heat gun, I stamped it with a script background stamp using a blue archive ink. Distress inks don't dry very well over texture paste for me. It may be the formula I used when making the texture paste. The leaves are stamped on using Green Stazon Ink. The embellishment is another from K&Co.
For this card, I applied a layer of texture paste to the center of the card then took a sheet of cardstock, laid it on top of the texture paste, then slowly peeled off the top piece of cardstock. I sprayed on some Perfect Pearls mists then sprinkled on some dry embossing powder in pewter, copper and silver and heat embossed them into the texture paste.