Saturday, December 21, 2013

Picked Raspberry Watercolor background cards


The above card was made using picked raspberry and festive berries distress stain daubers applied to watercolor paper then spritzed with water.  I blotted the paper with a papertowel then used a heat gun to dry it.  The colors both blended and by blotting with a papertowel, it took some of the color off, leaving the whiter areas.  I then stamped the leaves on with Versafine black ink and adhered the flower.


The above card was made again using watercolor paper and the two distress stains but this time I didn't blot them after spritzing them.  I dried them with the heat gun then applied picket fence distress stain in the dauber also, covering the entire paper.  When that dried, I stamped on a text stamp in black Versafine ink and then stamped on some white leaves, using the picket fence dauber to ink up the stamp.  The flower is from the Tattered Florals die by Tim Holtz.  I used the festive berries and picked raspberries distress stains on them.  The leaves are fabric leaves from Hobby Lobby in the wedding dept. that I colored by dabbing on picked raspberries distress stain.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment