Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Heart Shaped baskets for Valentine's Day $3.00 each, or 4 for $10

When I was growing up, we would get May Day baskets secretly left on our front porch.  The baskets were made out of tiny milk cartons decorated in crepe paper.  I think this is an upper New York state tradition because most people have never heard of May Day.

This made me want to make some heart shaped baskets for Valentine's Day.  They are super fun to make.  If you have a Spellbinders or Sizzix heart shaped die, or any other large heart die, you can make these in no time at all.  These particular baskets are so big that they hold an entire bag of Hershey's kisses.

If any of you came to my garage sale last Spring, you probably remember seeing the very popular butterfly shaped baskets.  These heart shaped ones are great for parties or just filling with candy and giving to someone special.  What little girl wouldn't love to get one of these for Valentine's Day?  If you are interested in buying one, I will sell them to local people who can come pick them up at my house.  They will not do well in the mail.   I also have Valentine's cards to sell if anyone is interested.  Each card is $3 but if you buy 4 of them, the cost is $10.  All of the cards on my previous posts are for sale.








If you would like to take a class to learn how to make these, I will provide all the paper, dies, die cutting machines,  ribbon and embellishments.  All you have to bring is a pair of scissors, tweezers  and a bottle of quick dry glue such as Glossy Accents which can be purchased at any craft store in the scrapbook dept.  Email me for further details if interested.





No comments:

Post a Comment