Friday, January 10, 2014

Rosette birthday cards

I'm trying to use up a bunch of rosettes I had made last year to demo during classes.   The word circle was cut out using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossom 3 die:

The flower on the above card is a stamp by Hero Arts called Dotted Flower.  I put green and blue alcohol ink on the vellum first then stamped the flower with metallic blue embossing powder and manually cut out the layers of the flowers and adhered them, bending the petals with a pair of tweezers.

The rosette on the above card was made using a word document that says Happy Birthday spaced vertically to fit the score lines on the rosette die by Tim Holtz.  I printed it on vellum then cut the rosette out.  It took a few tries to get the spacing just right but I finally managed.

Another vellum rosette with two layers.  Cupcake embellishment is a brad from Hobby Lobby's Spare Parts collection

No comments:

Post a Comment