Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spellbinders Diamond Effects

Ever have one of those days where it seems like everything goes wrong.  Well, yesterday was one of those days.  My Vagabond died.  Just quit working.  It was less than 3 years old and I really only started using it about 7 months ago since I had been using my Cuttlebug for everything.  My hands have been getting very tired from cranking on the Cuttlebug so I switched to the Vagabond which has a motor, thus no manual cranking.  I called Ellison, the makers of the Vagabond, and they were willing to try to fix it for a minimum of $160.  Of course I would have to ship the 15 lb. Vagabond to them in California (I live in Maryland, why couldn't they be on the East Coast?).  I looked online and found I could buy a new one at Amazon.com for $149 with free shipping.  So I did that.

These two cards were made using the Spellbinders die called Diamond Effects.  The first card I cut out the outside frame first with the inner frame and oval inside, taping the two together.  The second card I just cut out the outside frame which I like a lot better without the inside frame.


The flowers on the above card are my attempt at making hyacinths; not exactly the real thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment