Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spellbinders Filigree Delight

Boy do I miss my Vagabond.  Ever since it died on me two days ago, I've had to use my Cuttlebug.  I  love my Cuttlebug but it can't compare to the Vagabond when needing to cut intricate dies.  My Cuttlebug has some worn spots on the rollers so dies don't cut all the way until I rotate them a different way and run them through a second time or more.  With the  Vagabond, just push the button and run the die through once forward, once backward and it's done.  Plus my hands and elbows hurt when cranking on the Cuttlebug.

  Here are the two cards made using the Spellbinders Filigree Delight:



 I cut this die using mirrorboard which cut great actually for such an intricate die.  I taped the center oval to the filigree frame and ran both through the machine together.  Then I stamped the back side of the mirrorboard oval that gets cut out from the rest of the die and adhered it in the center.  The mirrorboard is raised up with tiny foam dots.  Finished it off with a red rose from Recollections, the only store bought embellishment flower I like to use on cards because it looks handmade.  I could have dolled this up more by putting a bunch of pearls on it but I am pretty sure it's a card that I am going to give to my father, so I didn't want it girly looking.

The next card is actually the first attempt at using this new die:

I will probably stamp "Happy Birthday" or "Thinking of You' across the stems of the flowers, depending on what occasion I need the card for.  The instructions for making the daffodils can be found on an earlier post.

                                                      Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight

No comments:

Post a Comment