Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Hollyhocks birthday card

I'm going to enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wed. challenge which is Birthday cards.  It's the first time I've used the Hollyhocks die from Impression Obsession and found out how big it really is.  The flowers are almost 5" tall from bottom of stem to top of stem.  I had to cut out a taller fence based on that.  The fence is an svg from www.birdscards.com  that I cut out using Sure Cuts a Lot.

One thing I forgot to do with the hollyhocks is ink the centers a little and roll them with a stylus on a mat to give them some dimension.  I ended up cutting out a second set of hollyhocks in each color, cutting the flowers off the stems, then inking the middles and rolling them.  After I adhered them on top of the first layer of flowers and filled the centers with Stickles.  It was a lot of work but would  have been less work if I had thought to ink and roll the centers the first time.

You can see the first card with the flat flowers and then the fix to it where I added dimension and Stickles:



IO Hollyhocks die




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Ann!!! Love both versions, though I agree the second one looks a lot more elaborate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Ann! I love your card both ways. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete