Monday, July 28, 2014

Cake birthday card for 90th birthday

My husband's mother will be celebrating her 90th birthday this August..............this is the card I made for her.  It is a Sure Cuts a Lot cake svg that I found on BirdsCards.com.  I also got inspiration for this card from another cake shaped card on Pinterest by Donna Mundinger which can be seen on her blog here:
http://donnamundinger-popsicletoes.blogspot.com/2012/01/bbtb2-numbers-challenge.html

This is her card:

Donna used the Wedding Cricut cartridge and others to make the card.  I didn't want to buy any cartridges so I looked online for a free cut file that I could use with Sure Cuts a Lot and found one as indicated above by Bird's Cards.  She has a lot of free digital images and cut files.

This is my card.  If you click on the image it will enlarge for better viewing:

The front of the card is above; it opens inside to reveal white blank cake shaped space to write on


And then the back of the card is decorated also so if it stands on a table at dinner in the restaurant, no one is looking at the blank back side of a card.  I was going to put the 90 on the top like Donna did but then on the back side you would look at a backwards 90, then my husband suggested putting the word MOM on the top since it will read the same on the front as it does on the back.
Mine isn't quite as fancy as Donna's card; but i like the liquid pearls on the middle section of the cake on the front of the card.  I hope my mother-in-law likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment