Saturday, July 26, 2014

Doggie Sunglasses and Star on Chest

I took this picture of our dog, Kyra, a while ago.  Kyra is a mix of what we think is Sharpei or Chow and a lot of everything else.   She is my shadow; follows me everywhere and won't let me out of her sight.  Well, one day we were sitting out on the deck and the sun was right in her eyes, so I put my sunglasses on her.  She didn't seem to mind having them on at all.

She is such a dark black dog that pictures of her and her mother, Princess, don't always come out that great.
She is my cutie and such a good girl.  We couldn't ask for better dogs from our local shelter.


Our other dog, Princess, has a perfect white star on her chest.  I have never seen this on a dog before; she is very special to us.  We adopted Princess from the local shelter and saw photos online that she had a pup at the shelter also.  When we adopted Princess, the shelter told us the pup had already been adopted.  So sad!  But not really because the adoption didn't go through; the people never showed up to pick her up.  When we went back to the shelter Kyra was there, probably wondering where her mother had gone since the mother was with us.  They were so happy to see each other again when we brought Princess to the shelter to see and adopt Kyra.  We had to wait the required 24 hrs. before taking Kyra home once we signed the papers.  It was the hardest thing to do, leaving her there one more day without her mom.  I cry every time I think about it.

We've had both dogs for about 8 years now; we couldn't have asked for better dogs.  They don't dig holes in the yard, they walk so nicely on leashes, and they are so loving.   They had a really bad start to life, being strays most of the time and being abused.  I am so grateful every day for having these dogs brought into our lives.  Below is a picture of Princess.



No comments:

Post a Comment