Sunday, August 3, 2014

Gothic Halloween cards???

I haven't been in the mood to make the typical Halloween cards with ghosts and bats this year; maybe it's still too early for me to get in to Halloween.  I went into Hobby Lobby the other day to buy some glue dots and saw how they had all the Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas stock out already.  I don't know about you, but that makes me feel rushed into getting some cards made for those holidays.

I have a bunch of these skull embellishments from Jolee's left over from years ago when I was making a Halloween mini album so I figured I would use them but not in the orange and black Halloween colors.
I like to use flowers a lot on my cards and tried to figure out how I could make flowers work for Halloween.
Here are some cards made using floral background paper in my attempt to give the cards a Gothic look.










The last three cards have mirrorboard behind the skull.  I used StazOn white ink on a crackle stamp to give the mirror a cracked look but it's hard to see in the photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment