Friday, September 26, 2014

My First Break as a Design Team Member

I love the Halloween word dies that Frantic Stamper makes and showcased them on some cards in previous posts on my blog.  If you scroll down you will see the large Trick or Treat die and the set of 4 Halloween word dies as well.

Frantic Stamper's owner and leader of their design team saw my cards and offered me a job as a member of their design team on a 3 month basis.  I couldn't be happier!  I absolutely love their dies.  This was my ultimate goal as well -- to be on a design team that will allow me to showcase my cards.

 I like to keep my cards simple so others can recreate them on their own.   I believe one item on the card should be the focal point so I try not to overwhelm the card with a lot of embellishments.  That's just my style.  Maybe it's the teacher in me trying to help beginners make nice looking cards.  I was a beginner once and still think of myself as a beginner since I do not know how to color with markers and do a lot of the inking things that other card makers do.  Maybe some day I will get there, but for now, I like to let the dies do their thing on cards.

You can see the announcement of my position with the Frantic Stamper by visiting their blog here:

http://franticstamper.blogspot.com/2014/09/two-design-team-announcements.html

I look forward to using more of their dies in the very near future and will continue to post pictures of the cards on my blog.  Thank you for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment