Sunday, October 12, 2014

Christmas lights bokeh effect



I am entering this card in the 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown October Challenge which you can see here  http://52cct.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge.  Below are the colors for the challenge:



I am also entering this card in the Sparkle Creations challenge in which you have to use these colors:


When I saw these colors, I thought of the bokeh effect that is so popular these days.   This is my card:



 I took out my alcohol inks and randomly dripped these colors on to glossy paper, letting the colors blend as they wanted:

Raspberry
Pink Sherbet
Clover
Sailboat Blue

I then applied a small amount of gold mixative to a blending tool and saturated the pad of the blending tool immediately with an alcohol based blending solution.  I pounced the blending tool over the entire card until all the gold mixative was blended in.  It is hard to see the gold mixative but it is there.

Since this has to be a Christmas card for the challenge, I die cut Happy Holidays on gold paper using the Frantic Stamper die (FRA-DIE-09293).  The last step was to adhere some pink gems to the upper corner.


8 comments:

  1. Stunning! I really like the bokeh effect, the subtle gold and the die cut sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the results you've achieved with this wonderful technique. Your card is stylish and modern - great job! Thank you for joining us at 52CCT. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool, I love that technique and glad you joined in this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great technique - makes a lovely card. Thanks for sharing this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Love the alcohol ink background. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the coloring!!! GORGEOUS!! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous background! Wow! Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

    ReplyDelete