Monday, October 13, 2014

Green and Gold Bokeh Effect Christmas Card

I am entering this card in the Inspired by Stamping Gold Challenge, IBSIC#86:


IBSIC#86-Gold


To make this card, I used several different colors of alcohol ink on a piece of glossy cardstock, letting the colors bleed together.  The colors I used were Sail Boat blue, Lettuce, Willow, and Citrus.

I then cut out the words Happy Holidays using the Frantic Stamper die (FRA-DIE-09293) on gold cardstock and adhered it to the glossy cardstock.  The card front is then adhered to a heavy gold piece of cardstock cut to an 8.5 x 5.5 size and folded in half for the card base.

When I get out my alcohol inks to make cards with, I feel like a little kid again.  You can use and mix any colors you want and the overall result will always be different.  It's fun to "play" with the inks, as long as you don't make too much of a mess.

The Frantic Stamper die is part of their new release which can be seen here, along with some new stamps as well:

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous effect! LOVE the colors you chose--the gold embossing looks awesome against the blue and green! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL effect! Love the colors - Thanks for joining in at IBS!

    ReplyDelete