Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Snowman Exploding Box




Exploding Boxes, or Explosion Boxes, whichever you like to call them ,was the most popular class I taught during the card making holiday season.

This year I made another one using the EK Success Slimline Snowman punch.  It is a retired punch that is, from what I could find, only available on ebay and at Frantic Stamper here:
https://www.franticstamper.com/EK-Success-Slim-Line-Punch-Snowman_p_31838.html

Of course if you want to pay over $40 for this punch, you can buy it on ebay; that is the starting bid since it is a retired punch.  The Frantic Stamper online store has quite a few of them in stock for less than $15.

I used this snowman punch to make a 3D snowman that stands up in the middle of the explosion box, as seen here;




I punched out 6 snowmen, cut off the scarf and nose so the shape was symmetrical, folded each in half lengthwise and glued them together.  I also colored in the hat to make it a little more obvious that this was a snowman.

The panels in the explosion box have various snow related dies and tags from my Christmas tag stash.  At the end of the holiday season, I used to go to Michaels and Walmart to buy leftover Christmas present tags on clearance.  It's a great way to pick up diecuts that are already cut and colored in.  Some of them are so pretty it's hard to resist not buying them.

The bottom layer is where I adhered tiny envelopes that I made using dsp from Hobby Lobby.  The envelopes are just the right size to stick in some money or gift cards.  I embellished the envelopes with snowflake dies.

I will be posting a card soon using this same snowman punch.



No comments:

Post a Comment