Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ornament photo card

My niece, Sara, took this wonderful picture of the water on the Hudson River in upstate NY and I knew right away I wanted to use it somehow on a card.

I punched out a circle first then punched out a snowflake from the middle of the circle.  I adhered a giant 2 3/4" epoxy dot on top of the photo circle to give it a glossy, dimensional effect.  The giant epoxy dots can be purchased from the Bottle Cap Co here:

http://www.bottlecapco.com/2-34-Inch-Standard-Epoxy-Dots_p_655.html
The dots were 50% off when I bought them, but they are now $1.00 a piece.  They also make smaller epoxy dots that are 1 3/4" and 1".

So here is the photo Sara took and below it are the ornament cards I made using her photo:



Both of the embossing folders used to make this card are no longer available; they were from Hobby Lobby but have been clearanced out.  The bow is a die from Memory Box.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Ann, love the dimension that the acrylic dot creates!

    ReplyDelete