Tuesday, December 2, 2014

White deer card



The inspiration for this card came from Kitty Kraft.  She made a card using two white deer and I really liked the way it looked.  I changed the card a bit since I didn't have some of the dies she used.    The deer are from the Deer Trio die by Impression Obsession available at Frantic Stamper here:  http://www.franticstamper.com/Impression-Obsession--Die--Deer-Trio_p_97599.html 

I  used the largest die in the Spellbinder's Heirloom 2010 Ornament set from Frantic Stamper http://www.franticstamper.com/Spellbinders-Nestabilities-Dies-2010-Heirloom-Ornaments-limited-ed_p_32807.html.  Since I wanted a larger outline of the die to make the ornament stand out more against the blue background paper, I traced around the die on white paper and then hand cut it out.  I ran the blue ornament through a snowflake embossing folder and then glued on some tiny snowflakes that I punched out using the snowflake border punch by Martha Stewart.

The ornament topper and the word NOEL are both dies that come in the Mix 'N Match Christmas set by Frantic Stamper http://www.franticstamper.com/Frantic-Stamper--Precision-Dies--Mix-N-Match--Christmas-set-of-7_p_99695.html.  This is what the set looks like:

I cut the letters for the word NOEL out of the frame and then cut them apart.  I also used the Impression Obsession fir sprig die set for the green on the deer necks.  I just cut off a branch of it and adhered it with a red gem.


No comments:

Post a Comment