Saturday, January 10, 2015

Easter Bunny and Chicks Easter card

I know I'm really rushing it by making Easter cards before Valentine's Day has even been here, but I just got these new Easter dies from Frantic Stamper and couldn't wait to use them.

 If you know me, you know I like making scene cards and these dies fit the bill perfectly. I can't wait to make more. I used the Easter Basket & Bow die (FRA-DIE-09389), the Petite Eggs (FRA-DIE-09388), Easter Icons (FRA-DIE-09390) and the Easter Bunny & Chicks (FRA-DIE-09129).



With these four die sets, you are all set to make any type of Easter Card you want.  You get all of this:

Easter Basket & bow

Easter Bunny & Chicks

Easter Icons

Petite Eggs
So, here's how I made the card.  I first cut out two of the second smallest of the Spellbinder's Grand Ovals die on white cardstock and ran one through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I made a hinge to go on the inside of the card to hold the two ovals together and create the card base.  You can see instructions on how to make a shaped card with a hinge on a previous post here:
http://anngcrafts.blogspot.com/2015/01/frantic-stamper-happy-birthday-script.html.

After the card base was made, I cut out several of the larger grass tufts from the Easter Bunny & Chicks set, both for the grass on the ground and inside the basket.  Then I cut out several eggs in various colors using the Petite Eggs die.  I used the smallest and second smallest eggs for the card.

Next I cut out the basket using a cardstock that could be sanded slightly to show a lighter color underneath.  When I saw the weave cuts in the basket die, I knew I was going to sand it.  The scallop trim on the edge of the basket was adhered on top of the one that comes on the basket just by cutting that section of the die on pink paper.  I used the bow that comes in the Easter Icons set rather than the bigger one that comes in the  Easter Basket and Bow set just because I like small bows, but I could have used the larger one.

The chocolate Easter bunny was cut from the Easter Icons set.  I cut a tiny yellow circle for the bunny's eye from the Easter Bunny and Chicks die set (the seed), and then I adhered  a tiny blue dot on it and glued it to the back of the bunny.  The chicks were cut in yellow, blue and pink from the Easter bunny and chicks die to make Marshmallow Peeps for the basket.

The final step was to cut off the bottom rounded edge of the oval card base so it would stand.

I hope you like this card and come back to see other cards I will be making using all of the above Frantic Stamper Easter dies.

1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable card!! I found your blog quite by accident, but I am glad I stayed!! Thank you for the instructions for pulling the card together. This is AWESOME inspiration!!



    Judy

    ReplyDelete