Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jet cards for boys



I have a nephew turning 10 in January this year and wanted to make a boyish looking card for him but not have it be too childish looking.  After looking on Pinterest for ideas, I found these cards:



and this:

Since I don't have the stamps used on either of these cards, I made an svg cut file for my Cricut and cut out the jets and blue angels in black then used these lady's ideas for the white smoke on the card.

I used my all time favorite Happy  Birthday die from Frantic Stamper on the blue angels card.
For the white smoke, I just took a finger ink dauber with just a small amount of white acrylic paint, dragged the dauber along in a line.  For the heart smoke, I masked off the area with a punched out heart first then ran the white paint on the dauber all around it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Love this idea with the heart smoke and jet. I always need new ideas for my husbands card. This is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete