Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Spellbinder's Feather cards


I saw a card like this on Pinterest here:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/119063983874749392/:

so I tried my hand at it, only I made it slightly different.  I wanted to use up some tiny scraps of white cardstock and these cards fit the bill perfectly.

 I first used distress inks on the small white cardstock piece that was slightly bigger than the feather die I was going to use.  I blended 3 shades of blue from lightest to darkest/ top to bottom.  Then I stamped on the silhouette flower using black VersaFine ink.

Next I cut out the largest feather in the Spellbinder's Feathers set on my top panel using my Cuttlebug.  Then I forgot to stamp the "thank you" on the card panel for the first card so I adhered one later with dimensionals.  Place the stamped flower image behind the feather cutout panel so it lines up where you want it, then carefully center both on top of your card base.  Hold on to the stamped image piece and slide off the top panel with the feather cut out.  Mark the edges of the stamped image piece with a pencil then adhere it to the card base.  Then apply foam tape all around the back side of the feather cut out panel and adhere it to the card.

I am entering the second card in the Cuttlebug Mania O Deer O Deer challenge which can be seen here:  http://cuttlebugmania.blogspot.com/2015/01/o-deer-o-deer.html


No comments:

Post a Comment