Monday, February 9, 2015

Butterfly Kisses

When I saw the new Large Swallowtail Butterfly die at Frantic Stamper, I knew it would work perfectly on a Valentine card with the tiny heart shapes that cut out in it's wings.


I cut out the Large Swallowtail Butterfly with black cardstock and cut out the Large Solid Swallowtail + Butterfly Icons on vellum.  After adhering the two together with a glue pen, I colored the tiny spaces on the front using stardust and red gel pens.

The card base was made using the largest of the Lacey Heart Frames  and attaching it to a white panel for the back.  I then stamped the  Butterfly Kisses onto the stitched fishtail banner which is part of the Diagonal Card Sketcher die set.

I named this card Butterfly Kisses because of the stamp I used on it.  But do you know what butterfly kisses are?  A Butterfly Kiss is a kiss that does not involve the lips. It is when two people put their eyes close to each other and flutter their eyelashes.   



For the embossing on the white panel, which is hard to see because the butterfly covers most of it, was done using the Sizzix Rays embossing folder, but turning the paper sideways and running it through your embossing machine sideways as well, like in the photos below:






Thanks for visiting my blog!  This card can also be seen on the Frantic Stamper Facebook page here:


If you have not already "Liked" Frantic Stamper on their Facebook page, why not do so now.

I am entering this card in the DT call for Cheery Lynn Designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment