Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Gentle as a Butterfly


                     The inspiration for my card above came from a card by KittieKraft on Pinterest:
                                                        KC Butterflies are Free

I normally don't copy a card this much, but I liked it so I basically kept it the same but used stamps that I had.

These are the stamps I used:

Hero Arts Lotus Background stamp and Rubbernecker French Script Frame

Rubbernecker Butterflies are Free set





I started off by stamping the Lotus Background stamp on pink cardstock.  This will be used for the base layer.  I then stamped the French Script Frame stamp on pink cardstock but cut out the center rectangle frame as that was the only part of this stamp that I needed.

To get the ovals for the center of the frame, I first used the second largest of the ovals in the Spellbinders Large Ovals die set.  I cut out the center of the pink rectangle with it.

I then took a piece of scrap black cardstock that was about the same size as the pink frame piece and cut out an oval using the largest of the small ovals by Spellbinders.  This sounds confusing, so here are the pictures showing the dies and which ones I used:

Use the largest die in the Small Ovals for the first cut
Cut an oval on black cardstock using the second largest die in the Large Ovals set


Line up the black cardstock behind the pink rectangle and trim off any excess that shows.  Take a piece of white cardstock to stamp the message on, making sure the stamp will fit inside your oval.

I wanted to have the pink rectangle raised up on the card so I used foam mounting tape on the back, adhering it to the white message piece.


Once the pink rectangle part was mounted on the card, all I had to do was stamp a butterfly and adhere it to the card:




1 comment:

  1. I am a HUGE "Kittie" fan, but I've never attempted to replicate one of her cards (yet)!! You did an AWESOME job with this card!! Thank you for providing photos showing how you framed your sentiment!! This is very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete