Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lotus Background cards



I had some free time today so I decided to take out one of my favorite background stamps, Hero Art's Lotus Background stamp, available at FranticStamper.com, to see what I could come up with.

I inked the stamp with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed some silver embossing powder on it.
I was originally going to put a butterfly on the card but then I thought about using the Get Well Soon die by Frantic Stamper and decided to go with that.  The idea was to keep the card very elegant looking so I cut the word die on black cardstock.

The final touch was to add the tiny hummingbirds that I really like.  They are part of the Small Birds (set of 5) by Frantic Stamper.

My second card was made using the same Lotus Background stamp but heat embossing it with white embossing powder then painting on various distress inks.  I cut the background panel apart using the Frantic Stamper Four Up Square Window die but cutting it two and a half times to get 6 squares.  I added the hummingbirds again in white this time.


The third card was made using the butterfly that I originally planned on putting on the first card.  I used the Large Solid Swallowtail and the Large Swallowtail dies from Frantic Stamper.



These are the products I used to make these cards:

FRA-DIE-09352

FRA-DIE-09084

HERO-CG-349


Large Swallowtail Butterfly
Large Solid Swallowtail with icons

Four Up Square

No comments:

Post a Comment