Saturday, March 14, 2015

Making a Scene (card)

Scene cards are my favorite type of card to make, and if I can make a scene inside a shape, that's even better.

I used the largest heart by Spellbinders for the background, the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers by Frantic Stamper for the grassy hills, Impression Obsession Evergreen Trees, Suburb Houses by Frantic Stamper, Welcome Home Baby by Frantic Stamper, Buck and Doe by Frantic Stamper, and cloudy sky embossing folder by Darice.

One thing I've been meaning to try and had time to do it today was to partially emboss a piece of paper using an EF and rubber mat, instead of running it through a machine and getting lines or embossing that I didn't want.

I wanted to emboss just the top part of the heart with the clouds, so I put the blue heart inside the embossing folder then put the folder on a foam mat.  I used the end of a glue pen (you could use a bone folder or just about any other flat surface) and rubbed over the top of the EF in the areas where I wanted the clouds to show.  This way I didn't have to have all the clouds on my heart, just a few.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!


1 comment:

  1. You have another winner, Ann!! I LOVE this card ... Thanks for the tip about partially embossing the top of the heart with the clouds. I am DEFINITELY going to try this!! :)

    ReplyDelete