Sunday, March 1, 2015

St. Patrick's Day card






I made this card using the Frantic Stamper Elementals #7 Coved Labels (FRA-DIE-09373), Petite Layering Posies (FRA-DIE-09193), Petite Leaves (FRA-DIE-09194) and Coved Labels (FRA-DIE-09128).

I started off by heat embossing white powder after stamping the Hero Arts Lotus background stamp on to mint colored paper.  I then cut out the Elementals #7 and adhered both the center part and the frame to a dark green card base.  I cut out flowers using the same mint colored cardstock but inked the edges using Pine Needles distress ink.  The center of the flower is white cardstock with inked edges.  I thought these flowers came out looking like the carnations everyone sells this time of year for St. Patrick's Day so I turned this into a St. Patrick's Day card by putting on a diagonal cut banner with the appropriate greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment