Sunday, April 19, 2015

Apple Thanks card


The first time I made this card I had the caterpillar down at the bottom where the grass is now.  I wasn't going to post it because I thought the apple was too big but then our Design Team Leader told me she thought it looked as if the caterpillar had eaten the center of the apple.   I liked her take on the card so I decided to move the caterpillar up to the inside of the apple.

I used the Thanks card band (FRA-DIE-09434) and cut it out on a piece of paper that was a lot larger than the die itself so I would have room for the apple above and below it.  Then I used the smallest of the Spellbinder's Grand Circles dies and positioned the word Thanks right in the middle of it.   I manually cut the top and bottom to shape the circle to look more like an apple, cut out a stem and a leaf.  I also cut out a white strip to look like a shiny spot on the apple to give it some dimension.

These dies are all available at Frantic Stamper and were used to make my card:

Caterpillar and Snail

Easter Bunny and Chicks

Thanks Card Band 

Spellbinder's Grand circles

No comments:

Post a Comment