Friday, April 24, 2015

Dimensional Sunburst cards




The idea behind this card was to take a normal scene card, cut it up into pieces using the Frantic Stamper Sunburst Card Panel, and reassemble it to give a more dimensional look.  I used the Caterpillar and Snail die by Frantic Stamper, the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers die for the green hill and the Wavy Banners and Greetings Clear Stamp set for the "Just For You".

I started off in the right direction making the scene card; that was easy enough.

I cut the scene card using the Sunburst Card Panel and then cut 5 of the same Sunburst Card Panel but using white cardstock.  I layered and adhered the white panels on top of each other then adhered the scene part on top.  This is how I got the dimensional effect.



The last step was to place the cut up scene pieces back into their respective areas, adhering them flat down into the layers against the white card base.

This process was much easier than my first attempt which is shown below.

I started off with a scene card that would get cut up using the Sunburst Card Panel:


                                      




For the second card  I used the Frantic Stamper Baby Animals along with the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers for the hill and the Chevron Borders and Edgers for the purple strip at the top.  The rest of the process is the reverse of what I did for the first card in that I adhered all the tiny pieces with foam tape to raise them up instead of layering the frame for the raised effect.

The next step was to place the Sunburst Card Panel die over this card and let the die cut the card into several pieces.  I then cut one extra white panel the same size as the Sunburst Card Panel and cut that as well so I could adhere the dsp pieces to a thicker piece of cardstock.

When all the little pieces of dsp rays were adhered to the white cardstock rays, I mounted them with foam tape back into their respective places in the dsp Sunburst Card Panel sheet.

This card was my first attempt which resulted in the sun being in the wrong spot.  I rethought the process and decided to do it a different way (thus the first card with the snails).

No comments:

Post a Comment