Sunday, May 3, 2015

Happy Birthday USA


I know I'm a bit early with a 4th of July card, but Frantic Stamper just released their new USA Map die, and I really couldn't wait to play with it.

The die itself has tick lines instead of actual cut lines in between all the states so the states don't cut out individually and have to be put back together.  Can you imagine how tedious that would be?  Instead the entire USA (minus Hawaii and Alaska which are separate dies included in the set) comes out as a whole die cut.  It is so quick to make a card with.

I used the Sunburst card panel as the red base on the card.  The entire red part of this card is one piece with the frame around it that is attached.  You don't have to piece any of it back together unless you want to fill in the rays that do cut out; but that is a nice option to this die.  Plus, what I love about this die, is that the rays are all wide enough to put a piece of 1/8" double sided tape on them.  I normally tape down every other ray and have found that is plenty to hold this die cut on to the paper.

The Happy Birthday is one of the new clear stamps by Frantic Stamper.


No comments:

Post a Comment