Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Snips and Snails scrapbook page


This page isn't quite finished yet as I am waiting for some new dies to come in, but I wanted to show you how the photo that was cut using the Frantic Stamper Sunburst Card Panel works on a scrapbook page.

This is a close up of the photo that I cut and layered with the Sunburst Card Panel;


I started off by placing the Sunburst Card Panel right on top of the photo, making sure the "sun" or circle that is in the die was positioned on the photo where I wanted it to be.  I didn't want it to be right in the middle of my nephew's face or it would have taken away from the dimensional look to him.

After I cut out the photo using this die, I then used 110 lb. cardstock for 4 additional cuts, adhering just the "framed" portion of the die and not using the pieces that get cut out (all the extra rays).  I did, however, save those extra rays from when the photo was cut out because they get put back in later.

Once I had the stack of framed Sunburst Card Panels adhered together, I adhered the cut photo on top of them using 1/8" double sided tape.  This is what it looked like at this point:


Next I took each of the rays that was cut out and placed a piece of the 1/8" double sided tape on the back of them and carefully lined each back into it's matching position in the die cut.  Then I used a pair of fine tip tweezers and pressed the edges of each ray along the sides to be sure they got all the way down and weren't sticking to the stacked layer.


The hardest part for me is then trying to figure out what to put on the scrapbook page with this photo.
I don't like using a lot of floral things in a scrapbook for a boy so my choices would be very limited if it wasn't for the new dies that Frantic Stamper came out with.  I used the snails from the Caterpillar and Snail die set and matched them up with the Snips and Snails clear stamp set.  I stamped the greeting first then stamped over that with the Wavy Banner from the Wavy Banners and Greetings Clear Stamp set.

I needed something more around the frame of the page so I adhered some Spring Ivy.  I am waiting for a new flower die to come in and will adhere that to the stems of the ivy but keep the flowers in a fairly neutral color for this page.

The framing around the photo is the Frantic Stamper Elementals #5 Arches Frames.  The photo is then layered on top of the Spellbinder's Grand Labels 23.  The tag is the My Favorite Things Stitched Traditional Tag, and the safety pin is a die by Little B that comes in a set called Little B Baby; I just cut it out with mirror board.

I can't wait to show you more pages that I made using Frantic Stamper dies so come back tomorrow and take a look if you are in to scrapbooking CAS style.


No comments:

Post a Comment