Tuesday, June 9, 2015

City Skyline card


For this card, I used the Frantic Stamper San Francisco Cityscape die but used the bridge separately.

Since you only get half the bridge on the die, I cut the first on silver mirror board, and then I cut a second bridge on the back side of the silver mirror board paper so it would be the reverse (mirror image) of the way it was intended.  I  cut a third bridge so I could use just the middle vertical support beam to hold the two together.

The background was created by using Tumbled glass Distress ink that comes in a liquid dauber with a sponge top to it and streaking it across a sheet of glossy photo paper, leaving some light spots so as not to totally cover the whole sheet too dark.  I then used a white gel pen to draw on some waves.

The top background is a sheet of regular white cardstock which I just covered with Broken China distress ink using a blending tool.  The buildings kind of speak for themselves; they are a few layers of the die positioned in a way so they aren't all lined up exactly the same.  I also cut off the very top of the highest tower on the other layers but left it on the front layer.

FRA-Die-09516


No comments:

Post a Comment