Friday, June 26, 2015

Making your own stencil templates

Frantic Stamper has this die called Sunburst Card Panel which cuts out rays from a framed circle of other rays.  But, there is another way to use the die.  I cut the die out using acetate (you can buy acetate in craft stores) and then used that as a stencil to make my cards.







Once I had the die cut out of the acetate, I cut a piece of cardstock 3 3/4 x 5 and taped the stencil over it on my craft mat.


Then I used distress ink and a blending tool and started rubbing on the ink at the circle (sun) area and rotating around in a circle.  I like to have the darker shading at the center around the circle and fade it out to the ends of the rays, but that's just my preference.


After the inking is done, just remove tape from one corner of the stencil template and slide your paper out.  If you are going to repeat the process with a clean sheet of cardstock, simply spritz the template with water, wipe it off with a paper towel and slide another piece of cut cardstock underneath.  It's ready to be used again, and again, and again.

When I'm done making cards using the template, I store it right in the envelope with the die.

This is a great way to use up some embellishments.  I matched the distress inks with the colors of the Prima flowers that I had.  




No comments:

Post a Comment