Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Pocket Full of Posies


When I saw the Jeans Pocket die by Frantic Stamper,  I first knew it had to be cut out using a blue jean looking paper and second, that it had to have posies in it.  Finding a blue jean dsp was not that easy, but finding posies was.  Frantic Stamper has four different layering posies dies (see below).

The pocket die has all the tick marks in it for the faux stitching.  I simply went over them with a Faded Jeans distress ink marker to define them.

The card frame is the Frantic Stamper Diagonal Card Sketcher die.  This die also has tick marks around the edges.  The die makes a great frame for a card and cuts out the two panels separately so you can use them for something else.

The most fun part of making this card was assembling the posies.  Frantic Stamper has Posie dies in four sizes:  Large Layering Posies, Medium Layering Posies, Small Layering Posies, and Petite Layering Posies.  I mixed and matched layers from all of them and inked around the edges with distress inks.  To give the flowers more dimension, I rolled a stylus on them and then adhered them with a foam dot in between each layer.

The leaves are also Frantic Stamper; they are the Petite Leaves.  This is my all time favorite leaf die on the market.  You get three different sizes of leaves on the same die, and several cuts of each.  One swipe through the die cut machine and you end up with 6 large leaves, 7 medium leaves, and 10 tiny leaves, all with dimensional tick marks on them.

To finish the card off, I used two clear stamp sets by Frantic Stamper.  The first is the Pretty Posies  where I chose the "Thanks a Bunch" stamp.  The second is the Wavy Banners and Greetings set where I chose the wavy banner.   I stamped the banner on to my paper, then I normally use one of the wavy greetings stamps that coordinate with the banner but this time I wanted the "Thanks a Bunch" stamp, so I manually curved the stamp while putting it on the clear stamping block, held it up to the wavy banner that I just stamped, and saw that it fit perfectly inside the banner.

These are the products used to make this card, but if you click on the links to the products in the description above, you will be taken right to the die itself.











No comments:

Post a Comment