Monday, June 29, 2015

Pretty in Pink


Here's a card that I made following a tutorial a few posts back on how to make your own stencils from dies.  I made a stencil from the Frantic Stamper Sunburst Card Panel for the background.  This is a permanent stencil that can be used over and over when cut out on acetate.  One swipe through the Vagabond and the stencil was made.  Fran's dies are that sharp that they cut acetate easily.

So what do you put on a pink sunburst background?  I knew the Lawn Flamingo would look great because I could cut it out of cardstock that matched the distress ink I used for the sunburst.  I cut a second flamingo so I could cut out the wing and raise it up with foam dots on the first flamingo.  The die has tick lines already in it for cutting the wing out.  Just a small snip here and another one there and it's done.

I also used the Grass Edger die and the Happy Birthday stamp from Frantic Stamper.

No comments:

Post a Comment