Saturday, June 20, 2015

Watercolor Posies



For this card I used the new Frantic Stamper Pretty Posies clear stamp set for the flowers.  I stamped them on the Coved Labels that were initially adhered flat on top of each other, just held together with temporary tape.  The idea behind this type of card is to have layers that look like they were stamped at different levels then put together like a puzzle, when actually the stamping is done on flat layers then made to look like raised layers afterward.

So, I cut two of the Coved Labels, adhered them on top of each other with the removable tape, then stamped two different posies with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with gold powder.  After that was done, I used a dot splatter stamp to add some little dots and heat embossed them with the gold embossing powder as well.

Once the embossing was done, I took some Salty Ocean distress ink and smeared it right on my craft mat.  After spritzing the inked area with some water, I used a tiny paint brush and painted the centers of the flowers.  Then I did the same thing with Mowed Lawn distress ink.

The frame around the outside of the card is made using Elementals #1 and the banner for the greeting is from the Diagonal Card Sketcher.  "With Love" is from the Wavy Banners and Greetings clear stamp set.

I got the inspiration to make this card from a card by Chrissie Stokes:

Simon Says stamp Artful Flowers embossed in gold, spritzed with water and colored with Distress inks in Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio. The frames were cut with SSS stitched rectangles and the inner and outer pieces popped up onto dimensional pads. The sentiment is from LOTV embossed in gold. It follows the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch #126.

No comments:

Post a Comment