Friday, July 3, 2015

America, America!



I card I made earlier with the USA Map got me thinking............wouldn't the USA Map look good as the focal point of a sunburst?  Thus the inspiration for today's card.

I started off with a scratch piece of cardstock 4 x 5 1/4" for the base that would be covered by all the triangles.  Then I cut a bunch of scrap pieces of  dsp to a length of 3 1/2" and varied the widths to anywhere from 1 1/4" to 1 3/4".  After cutting the dsp scrap pieces, I then placed them on my paper trimmer and cut them diagonally opposite corner to opposite corner so I would get two equal triangles.  (Photos of this process can be seen on my blog under a previous post showing how to make a sunburst).

I folded the base scratch paper (4 x 5 1/4 piece), in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise.  This gave me the center point.  I traced the folded lines with a pencil so I could see the center point better.


I covered the entire piece of base paper with roller adhesive then stated sticking the triangles to the base making sure their long pointy ends all met in the middle.   There will be some overhang off the base paper but that is okay.  Just trim off the edges and ink around the edge of the paper with black distress ink.


When the sunburst was done, I cut out two of the USA Maps on heavy 110 lb. cardstock and adhered them on top of each other.  Then I cut out the word die America in both blue and red cardstock so I could  adhere them on top of each other, slightly offset.  To make the USA Map stand out even more, I adhered it to the center of the sunburst with two layers of foam tape.

Very simple and quick card to make.  Enjoy the weekend but stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute Ann! I have always loved the sunburst look and yours done with patriotic papers looks great!

    ReplyDelete