Friday, July 24, 2015

Another card in 15 or less


Here is a second card in a series of cards that can be made in 15 minutes or less.  I used the Frantic Stamper Small Solid Bow die and cut it out three times on three different colors of cardstock/ dsp.

This is what the bow die looks like:



The bows have stitching around the edges.  When I assembled the bows for my card, I didn't use the tiny rectangle part because I knew I wanted an embellishment (pearl) in the middle of the bow.   I used glue dots to adhere the two parts together.  Just fold over the top piece in the photo above so the two ends meet in the middle and stick it together with a glue dot.  Then adhere that part to the base which has the fishtails on the ends.

I used a frame embossing folder so the card didn't look quite so plain and then stamped the word "thanks" using the Frantic Stamper Many Thanks Clear Stamp set.

The final step was to mount the front card panel on to the base and the card was done.

I was in the store the other day in the stamp aisle when a lady who was looking at the clear stamp sets asked "what do you do with these"?  That's a common question for beginner stampers, and I had that question when I first started out too.  If you don't already know, you peel off one of the clear stamps from the acetate background and stick it on a clear stamping block.  You then press the block with the stamp on it into your ink and on to the paper.  When you are done, you can clean the stamp off (using water if it's a water-based ink or a stamp cleaning solution) and put it back on the acetate sheet it came on.

If asked what my preference was when it comes to clear stamps vs. wood mounted ones, I would choose clear almost 90% of the time.  With the clear stamps you can see through them to make sure you are aligning it where you want it to be whereas with the wood mounted stamps it's harder to line them up unless you are using a special tool to do it (which I don't use because that is just one more step in the process and one more thing to clutter up my desk).

Frantic Stamper also has bow dies in different sizes and some with swirls or dots cut into them.  You can see all their bow dies here:  http://www.franticstamper.com/search.asp?keyword=09238&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=GO




No comments:

Post a Comment