Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hugs Tag


I saw the Tag Your It Challenge #26 and knew immediately what I wanted to put on my tag and what colors to use for my entry in this challenge.    This is the inspirational tag by Marybeth Lopez:


I was inspired by Marybeth's tag to use blue on my tag, along with stitching around the edges of the tag.  I also wanted to keep the sentiment short like her's is and down in the lower right corner.

I used the Stitched Tags by My Favorite Things Dynamics.  I also used the Frantic Stamper Large Layering Posies, Medium Layering Posies and Small Layering Posies for the flower.  The leaves are the leaf that comes in the Teacher's Apple die set.  The word "hugs" is also by Frantic Stamper and is part of the Accessory Words #3 die set.


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty tag. Love your flowers, and how you have inked the edges for a two toned blue. Thanks so much for playing along at TYI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful take on Marybeth's tag, Ann! I love the blue with the two tones of brown and that great pop of orange hugs!! Thank you for playing in the TYI Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your tag is beautiful Ann! I love the brown with the blue and bits of orange. I also love your take on my tag. Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It, with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely translation of Marybeth's tag...the brown is the perfect background to make that pretty blue flower and orange sentiment pop! Soooo eye-catching! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Tag You're It gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete