Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Dog's Eyes

Back in 2007 my husband and I adopted two dogs from our local shelter; a mother and one of her pups.  The mom (Princess) was about 1 1/2 yrs. old and the pup (who my husband named Kyra with a long "I" sound) was about 8 months old.  They are the most loving dogs, each with their own pair of beautiful eyes.

  Kyra's eyes are shaped with defined points at each corner and just gorgeous in real life:





We think Kyra is part Samoyed due to the shape of her body and ears and the thick coat.

Princess, on the other hand,  has eyes that are much more open but still have the same nice curves as Kyra's:








We aren't sure what mix Princess is but she is definitely a hunter.  SQUIRREL!!!! and off she goes.
She will eat anything that moves or anything she finds in the yard:  bugs, dead bugs, spiders, but thankfully leaves the toads alone.

Kyra turns 9 in August and we think Princess is 10 but could be 11.  My husband and I are both huge dog lovers -- that's how we met in the first place, at an online pet dating site.  I lived in upstate NY and he was down here in Maryland but the internet brought us together.

So as I craft away at my desk, Kyra is lying on the floor wrapped around my chair.  I can barely move to reach my dies and ink that are behind me.  Forget about trying to get up to grab a piece of cardstock from the closet shelf.  Princess will lie under my computer desk, tucked as far back against the wall as she can.  They want to be near their mom during the day when it's just the 3 of us here at home.

What loving dogs we have and are so appreciative of the love they give us every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment