Thursday, July 9, 2015

Small Modern Cat


I'm entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:  Furry Friends which can be found here:  http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-furry-friends/

I followed the sunburst pattern that I found on Pinterest here:

 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/119063983875542621/

This is my second attempt at this technique where you leave blank spaces in between each of the rays.  It's a little more difficult than the regular sunburst pattern where all the rays touch each other but I like the overall effect better.  My second attempt was also much easier than the first one.

The cat is the small Modern Cat by Frantic Stamper which is part of the Cute Halloween Icons set.  I mounted the cat on a stitched square which is part of the Elementals #1 set.  Frantic Stamper also   has a matching Large Modern Cat that would look great as a mother and kitten together.  For some reason this cat reminds me of a Pharoh cat statue, probably because it is sitting up so straight.

 The paper is all from a set by KaiserCraft called Secret Garden Collection.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Ann :-) the little kitty is very cute and I love the papers and sunburst design, absolutely fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design with the rays!! The focal point of the kitty is puurrr-fect in this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Furry Friends” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sunburst design! I love the clean look of your card, and that cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete