Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Star Pattern Quilted Card Tutorial


This is one of those cards that looks difficult but is super easy to make.  I used a pattern I saw on Pinterest here:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/119063983872777178/.

For the base of the card that will have the squares adhered to it, I used a 4x4 piece of cardstock.  If you use a color that matches your dsp, then it will hide the areas where your triangles might not line up exactly perfect.

For the squares and triangles, I started off by using a 1" square punch and punching 8 of the lightest blue paper for the edges, 4 of the darkest blue for the star triangle points, and 2 each of the center squares (2 white and 2 dotted blue).

Four of the eight outside squares need to be cut diagonally in half and all of the 4 dark blue as well.

To adhere the pieces to the base, I covered the entire base first with a roller adhesive.  Then I started adhering the four outside corner squares.  That's easy to do; just line them up with the edges of the base paper.

The next step was to adhere the triangular light blue pieces to the edges.  Also easy to do, just figure out where the right angle of the triangle goes and stick the paper down.  Continue in this manner until your base is totally covered.  I decided to dry emboss my entire base by using a plaid EF by Cuttlebug.

After the base was done, I inked the edges with black ink and adhered it to a black piece of cardstock that was 4 1/8  x 4 1/8".  The entire card is an A2 so it is 4.25 x 5.5 across the front.

The last step was to make the flower which I used the smallest die (you get two sizes in each set)  in all 3 sets:  Large Layering Posies, Medium Layering Posies and Small Layering Posies.  Then I cut two of the largest leaves from the Petite Leaves die set.

The "Thanks" stamp comes in a clear stamp set by Frantic Stamper and is called Many Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment