Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sunburst Pattern with background showing


I saw a tutorial on Pinterest on how to make the sunburst and leave a space in between each ray but I have to admit, it was not that easy to do the first time.  The spacing of the rays has to be just right in order to get the same amount of background showing through but the end result is worth it.  This technique gives a whole different look to the sunburst.

The tutorial I followed is this one on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfBj1sWV11w by Sharon Cheng but you can also see her written instructions here:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/119063983875542617/


I used the new Teacher's Apple die by Frantic Stamper.  You get the apple, the leaf and stem and the A+ Teacher words.  This one die makes a complete card on it's own really.  You don't need any other dies to go with it.

After cutting out the apple, I kept the paper in the die and ran a stylus around the inside to get the embossing a little deeper and visible.  Then I took a white gel pen and did the faux stitching around the apple on that embossed line.  Couldn't be easier.

The paper I used for the sunburst is from Michaels.





No comments:

Post a Comment