Saturday, August 29, 2015

Brights Are In

I'm entering this card in the PaperTrey Ink Mix and Match Challenge (paper) which can be seen here:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/08/saf-2015-mix-match-challenge.html

If you've looked through the Poppy Stamps or Memory Box Look Books recently, a lot of their cards are made with very bright colors.  I had these 3 pink pattern papers and wanted to use them together so I cut them out with the Stitched Scene Builder Edgers by Frantic Stamper to make the hills.  The unique thing about these dies is that they have the stitching along both sides of the cut line, so if you use a big enough piece of cardstock, you will get two hills out of one cut.  Great way to save time and make two cards instead of just one.

I love making trees too, and I wanted to make some modern looking trees with the Frantic Stamper Medium Bare Ash and Medium Bare Elm.  All I did was cut them out as usual then place them on my paper trimmer and cut the tops into triangle shapes.  Adhere them to an oval and they are done.  I love the way these look and plan on using them a lot.

The sun and clouds are part of the Village Sky die set and the deer are the Buck and Doe set.

Frantic Stamper just released photos of the dies in their September release.  You can see them all here and put in a pre-order for them as well:  http://www.franticstamper.com/-September-2015-release_c_7719.html.  One of my favorite dies in this release is the Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel:




Here are photos of the dies that I used on my card:

Buck and Doe

Medium Bare Ash

Medium Bare Elm

Stitched Scene Builder Edgers

Village Sky

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving the unconventional colors you used for your scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I love your colorful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic ---- I love how you've re-purposed things to give them a completely new look (like the trees!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so unexpected! I love the pop of surprise the colorful pink hills provide!!

    ReplyDelete