Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Chance to Win a FREE Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel die and tips on how to use it


I'm entering this card in the Mod Squad Challenge:  Flower as the Focal Point which can be seen here:  http://modsquadchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/09/flower-as-focal-image.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ModSquadChallengeBlog+%28Mod+Squad+Challenge+Blog%29.

My 13 year old niece has a birthday coming soon so I wanted to make a card using a new die I had.

I used the Frantic Stamper Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel for this card, cutting it out with solid white cardstock first.  Then I cut it out three more times with three different dotted papers.  The papers with the bigger dots are from Frantic Stamper and will be in stock soon.

After I had all the pieces cut out, I was ready to assemble the card.  I adhered the Sun Rays base (white) to the card front using a glue pen, but I only put the glue around the four sides of the die cut.  I didn't adhere down the "spokes" in between each triangular spot.  This allowed me some flexibility when placing the triangular stitched pieces back into the die cut.  After all the pieces were adhered, I could go back and run my glue pen under the "spokes" if needed but I rarely had to do that.

  When placing the triangular stitched pieces back into the die cut, I put one piece in at a time to  make sure that the pieces are in the correct spots.  If one piece didn't fit perfectly, chances are another one will.  Test them out before adhering them and make sure you like the layout overall with the colors where you want them.   You'll be glad afterward that you took the time to do that.

 Once I'm happy that all the pieces are in the spots I want them in, I adhere the pieces with a glue pen,  positioning them from the outer frame end first then lining up the inner circle area.  You want the outer area to line up nicely as the inner area around the center circle will most likely be covered with something.

Once all the patterned pieces were adhered (I still had enough pattern pieces to make two more cards with), I cut one of the Medium Layering Posies out of wool felt and adhered it to the card with a brad.  I also used wool felt for the Petite Leaves.

This card will have no problem getting to my niece without postage being due on it or getting ruined in the mail since it is very flat.   Since I had the leftover triangle pieces with stitching on them, I made another card, this time using the Frantic Stamper Welcome (Home) Baby and Petite Butterflies:



Did you know Frantic Stamper is giving away one of these Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel dies for free?  Check out the Frantic Stamper Facebook page here for details on how you can qualify for a chance to win one:  www.facebook.com/franticstamper.


Frantic Stamper Sun Rays Quilted Card Panel

Frantic Stamper Medium Layering Posies


Frantic Stamper Petite Leaves

Frantic Stamper Welcome Home Baby


Frantic Stamper Petite Butterflies

I still have one more card to make using the leftover pieces.   I'm waiting for a new die that is coming out in the October release to put on my final card.  You will see why I waited for it in a few days.



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. Love that die and how you mixed the papers. I am a huge fan of Frantic Stamper dies and the look fabulous on your card. Thanks for playing at the Mod Squad Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute die, with so many possibilities! Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete