Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Pinecone Tutorial




Frantic Stamper has a newly released Pinecone die that is out of this world!  If you do some shaping to this with a stylus and rubber mat, you can get the tiny cuts for all the pinecone petals to really stand out.

I cut out the Pinecone die then traced around the precut tiny spots for the petals with a brown distress marker.  Then I turned the diecut over and placed it on a rubber mat.  I used the big round end of the stylus to roll the entire diecut to make it concave looking.  Then I took the tiny end of the stylus and just gently poked each of the pinecone petals slightly so they would have their own dimensional look.

To adhere the pinecone to the card, I used a really thick piece of foam tape so it would keep it's bowed shaped.  Another tutorial, in more detail, will follow shortly.

For inside the Stitched Oval background, I started off by inking the Woodgrain Card Panel with brown distress ink.  Just tap the ink pad all over the die then press your cardstock on top and rub all around.  This is a great way to  use your dies as stamps.

The background of the card itself is the Southwest Card Panel.  I cut it out then distressed the top of it with a sanding block.  Then I cut out the Small Solid Bow and distressed that with the sanding block as well.

The pinecone is hanging from the Frantic Stamper Pine Bough.  The two coordinate perfectly together.

Here is a list of the dies that I used:

Frantic Stamper Pinecone -09656
Stitched Ovals -09638
Small Solid Bow -09238
Pine Bough -09281
Southwest Card Panel -09140
Woodgrain Card Panel -09288

No comments:

Post a Comment