Saturday, October 31, 2015

Bleeding Hearts


Frantic Stamper is releasing this new Bleeding Hearts die set today,  November 1.  Bleeding Hearts are my all time favorite flower in the garden.  They are just so different from any other flower with their puffy shaped hearts and little water looking droplets hanging beneath them.

To make my card, I started off by inking up my acrylic stamping blocks with Picked Raspberry distress ink and stamping it onto a piece of spritzed watercolor paper.  Then I did the same thing with Shabby Shutters distress ink.  This gives the card a much needed background without taking away from the bleeding hearts themselves.

Once I cut the Bleeding Hearts die a few times, I used a white gel pen to add the line to them to make them look more dimensional.  Then I used a stylus and rolling mat and rolled the stylus around the back side of the hearts to give them a little curve.  I also used a white gel pen to color the bottom droplets on each heart.

This card was actually very easy to make since the hearts have the stems coming off the branches already so there is no guess work as to where to place them.

I need to make another card exactly like this for my mother.  I know she will love it.

To see another card made by a Frantic Stamper design team member using this Bleeding Hearts die, so to the Frantic Stamper Pinterest board here:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/364862007291153809/
The card was made by Kia and is breathtakingly beautiful.


1 comment:

  1. Love bleeding hearts, love this card, and I'm certain to love this die! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete